Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Julio de cuarta

It has been brought to my attention that there are "innocent" people in the world. These people are quite ubiquitous it seems and these terrorist fellows seem to want to kill only them. What's that all about?

Every year I tell myself I will stay home the fourth of July and enjoy a relaxing evening. And every year I find myself making a three hour trip to see a twenty-minute jelly fish smoke trail party and complaining all the way back home about how much pollution this spectacle is causing. It is at this juncture, that the people I go see the fireworks with decide they won't ever come with me again (they are of course forced to change their minds later (Disclaimer: no inhumane methods are used in the coercing of these people to remain friends with me)). My opinion of the celebrations undergo minor changes every year and so does the crowd I watch the show with. This year, the main attraction was an eight(?) year old who would absolutely not let her father's head stray from the direction of the fireworks. She did have the unfair advantage of sitting on his shoulders and having neck-steering access, but nonetheless she was doing a good job of amusing us. She even started the oohing-aahing session when the new supercool cuboidal fireworks came on. Designing and testing of fireworks is an enviable job, even better than trying out video games and being head of the administration department. The girl reminded me of how much fun kids are as long as they are someone else's. 
That said, I'd like to rephrase my usual Independence day message - always wear comfortable shoes when you walk in New Jersey. 

Color: Blue (go Obama)

6 comments:

mirrorcracked said...

Nice! Saw the pics, awesome! :)

Kruz said...

so you stuck to the norm of blogging abt/arnd independence day.. :)

Eugene said...

HEYYYOOOO, Topeeka, nice blog. How ya doin'?

Deepu Vasudevan said...

@Nik
Rich Macy's maga.. how much money they blow up in smoke.

@Kruz
Consistency is my speciality

@Genie
Thanks Yo. I be trippin' in the hood, slashin' up some fellas, rakin' up the dust... Waddup with you dawg?

BrownPhantom said...

Funny :)
Kids are always so cool..Of course they have to belong to others :).
I can so relate to "always wear comfortable shoes when you walk in New Jersey."

vins said...

hey thala waiting for your next post!
your sincere reader..;)