Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Science of Salsa

You must try street parking on Roosevelt Island. It is a valuable* experience that will enlighten you on human suffering. In fact, I recommend it as a field trip for Moral Science class. 

Who are these people? The ones who smell bad on Subways, the ones who steal quarters from a blind man's bowl, the ones who jump over the turnstile, ones that knock out the guitar from the musician playing at Penn, those who make illegal turns on red, those that leave dirt notes on my car, that knock over my garbage cans on the driveway, that leave a marinara mess in the elevator, ones that leave 0.3 mls of trypsin in a 5 ml tube, those that see 2 mls of pH 6.8 buffer and run as far as possible from that bottle to avoid making up more, that borrow my earrings and lose them, that judge my work timings... who are these people? Why are they in my life? Who let them in? Why do they try so hard to make my mornings bitter? Why do they always succeed? Where's the door?

I want to let them out. 

Color: Black

7 comments:

RI 360 said...

I am sorry that someone from Roosevelt Island upset your day. But please do not categorize / bar code us all by one experience. Yes parking is the pits on Roosevelt Island but generally the people are worth getting to know and the community is one worth exploring.

Shri said...

What would life be without a pinch of salt?

These people are the pinch of salt :-).

Sandeep said...

i too want those who judge my work timings let out of the door.. I just can't beat them out.. i wish i were in high school :D

Deepu Vasudevan said...

RI 360

I am not at all upset with the people in Roosevelt Island. Just the parking. Thank you for dropping by!

@Shri

Yea we need the salt. Maybe they are the salt. Except they are rubbing themselves on my wounds. :-(

@Sandeep

You used to beat up people in high school :O
And about the judges of work timings, they aren't so perfect either so they really should watch their own a$$es.

Sandeep said...

i'd avoid it 9/10 times :D
some times you just can't take it :))

Arvind Suresh said...

'People' is the key word here. They are after all people. Just that they manage to get in your way :)

Deepu Vasudevan said...

@Sandeep

It's like the 11th time... so I fumed. I hate losing my temper but sometimes there is no choice.

@Vinda

In my way too often :(