Monday, April 7, 2008

Serendipathy.

(No, I haven't misspelt the word. It is that way for a certain reason)

A fortunate accident. I don't believe in destiny per se, but the movie always leaves me with a nice feeling. More like a reassurance that things happen for a reason. Raised in a family where the concept of God and religion are central to everyday life, its hard to avoid the compulsive thought of an external Factor (F capitalized with a reason) playing a part in deciding your "fate". I have had arguments and discussions about this Factor with people from different walks of life and I have enough opinions about it to write a book. My Factor is God. And when I say this to my colleagues, an inevitable smirk crosses their face. A scientist and you believe in God? Someone once even said that its like a vegetarian who claims to like the taste of meat. I don't know if its that ridiculous a proposition for someone who has to repeat an experiment 3 times to make sure its outcome is true, to actually believe in a force that is beyond without having any proof for it.
But I do have proof. My entire existence is proof.


Mann se Ravan jo nikaale Ram uske mann mein hai.

Color: Saffron
Song: Pal pal hai bhaari

4 comments:

Anand said...

OMG @ the title :)

kalakkuuuss...

satish said...

haha..the title is a killer..hmm ella nalla irintha seri..

Blossom said...

You are spot on. And my request...I hope u stay this way (ur thoughts i mean)....for a long time to come...

Scientist and religion is a happy combination (i know its sounds weird.... :-O) ...imagine the depths of the organ "brain"....and imagine the creator who made it all...

and we, mortal humans, lose sight of that omnipotent and concentrate on things that he created....

Deepu Vasudevan said...

@ anand,

thank you thank you.


@sadeesa,

nalladhe nenaippom.

@Blossom

I doubt I'll change when it comes to my theist views. I don't know if its a happy combination, but it seems to working for me so far :)