Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Pacifiers.

Don't we all need one?
Hope, love, happiness, romance - flavors of the same spice. They're all pacifiers. Ways to put my mind in a place it wants. Something for the mind to chew on so it doesn't bawl and throw a tantrum. My all-time favorite pacifiers are humor and inspiration.
Friends are probably the best ever made. I refused to believe that I could have an impact on anyone's life until someone had a huge one on mine. I was very careful about what I said to people after that. I am less reckless with words than I used to be. I make sure I don't say the "right" things, but that I say the right things. A slight alteration of my persona is helping me gain more perspective about friendship than I ever had. My pragma is someone's pragmatic. My apparently inconsequential words are advice to someone. My love is someone's hope.
I am someone's pacifier.


Build hope that realworld can be the foundation of
Build hope that love can be the future of
Build hope that deceit can't conquer
Build hope that one failure can't quench

Color: Olive green
Song: Wherever you will go (The Calling)

3 comments:

Ok said...

Found your blog by chance. First, best of luck with your quals;).


I could guess Ph.D., IISc, Biotech. But you are not like the usual IISc grad. I would expected some body who can be so eloquent to have found greener pastures, i.e., U.S. of A.

Deepu Vasudevan said...

Ah! I see that I need to make some updates. I wrote/passed my quals. Thank you very much.

PhD is right and so is US of A.

CHANDRIKA said...

How true. very well put. :)

is there a bit of a "consciousness of guilt" hidden somewhere between the lines? or if I put it in a different way "self awareness, in minute, unknown detail as a result of an impact created by a friendship" ?

your thought of "human beings are pacifiers to each other" seems quite right. You have a talent to observe and understand human emotions in detail. your writing is like a matured writer. keep it up.

thanks.